Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good Food Writing

I enjoyed this article in the October 2010 issue of Real Simple. The entire piece is titled "The Power of the Microwave." I use my microwave for heating up leftovers and popping popcorn; I didn't know it was capable of so much! This machine can toast nuts (including coconut), make lasagna, poach salmon, even grill if you've got the right model.  I know what about three buttons on my microwave do. Realistically, that's all I need to know. However, I liked the article about the common buttons found on the average microwave and their functions. I love when complicated subject matter can be broken down and concisely formatted into short little informative tid bits. These are things that I might actually remember when I'm finished reading the article. I can share this information with those around me to demonstrate my capacity for sustaining knowledge. However, as it is with most Real Simple articles, I am intrigued as well as I am 100% certain that I will not incorporate any of these tips into my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment