Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rallies







I regret to say that I am NOT politically inclined. I am an irresponsible American and I'm sorry. However, I absolutely love Jon Stewart's delivery of his political explanations. I'm sure that you all have heard that he is holding a Rally to Restore Sanity on October 30th. He advertises this gathering  as a "rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) - not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence...we couldn't. That's sort of the point." Apparently, Stewart will also be supplying signs for attendees because clearly, they will not have time to make signs themselves. This is genius! This is the type of rally that I'd like to support, although I can't attend because it's on a Saturday and I'll be in class.

What makes me even more disappointed that I can't attend the Rally to Restore Sanity is that at the same time, at the same place, Stephen Colbert is holding a March to Keep Fear Alive. Colbert uses colorful and calculating verbiage to gain support. His rally is "a call to put the panic back into our panic rooms, and to restore the 'AAHHHHH!!' back in AHH!-merica. Get ready to inadvertently wet your pants, Patriots! It's American to have a little yellow on those Red, White, and Blue undies we all wear. We have enjoyed the spoils of freedom and liberty without being vigilant of our fears for too long, America."

The imagery above, too, is fantastic. And absolutely ridiculous.

2 comments: