Friday, October 22, 2010

I went to the grocery to buy some bread, a case of Mountain Dew, and a copy of Swimsuit Nerds.

I spend at least a few hours of each work week complaining specifically about engineers who try to write.  Engineers are smart people.  Very smart.  I suppose that's why they feel it's a-okay to disregard every basic rule of the English language, sacred rules that I learned to live by long ago.  Don't get me wrong - I probably ask hundreds of questions each month about the proper way to word this or punctuate that.  By no means am I an expert.  However, after reviewing document after document with the same blatant mistakes and the same awkward phrasings, it tends to wear on one's soul.  Here's a brief description of what I deal with regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment